For relaxation, nothing beats watching a bit of Nigella or Jamie Oliver work their magic in the kitchen (although it always makes me very hungry)! If it is a particular recipe I’m looking to try, I will usually end up taking notes, as I did most recently with Nigella’s coffee ice cream.
As some of you may know I am not at all a coffee fan (tea is much more my thing, as the name of this blog ever so slightly gives away) but I am definitely a chocolate fan, so I decided to substitute the coffee for drinking chocolate and indulge in some Akta-Vite Ice Cream. I had never made homemade ice cream before now, but the recipe was so simple that I really recommend you give it a try!
- 3 tablespoons Akta-Vite (drinking chocolate)
- 1 can condensed milk (approx. 400g)
- 300ml double cream (heavy whipping cream)
- Mix all ingredients together in a food processor or mixer until fluffy and frothy.
- Transfer to a container, secure the lid, and place in the freezer for at least three hours.
- Once frozen, enjoy a truly decadent dessert! (And if desired, sprinkle a little extra Akta-Vite on top for a crunchy and creamy treat!)
Bridget @ Hot Tea Travel & Thyme