This post is sponsored by Akta-Vite (Aussie Drinking Chocolate).
It’s been a little while since I’ve written an update and even longer since I published a food post so what better time than now…
Just in time for Valentine’s Day: why not try this creamy choc coconut cake?
(with lime zest and lime juice for an extra-tangy-zing)!
- 3 tablespoons Akta-Vite (drinking chocolate)
- 150g butter (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons creamed coconut (room temperature)
- the zest of one lime (finely grated)
- 100g icing sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- 3 egg
- 110g self-raising flour
- 55g shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F) and grease 2 x 20cm cake tins.
- Beat together the butter, drinking chocolate, creamed coconut, lime zest, and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, sift the flour over the mixture and fold in.
- Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Spoon into the prepared tins, spreading evenly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn cakes out onto rack to cool completely.
- 230g cream cheese
- 55g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Optional: pink or red food colouring for Valentine’s Day
Happy Valentine’s Day, and Happy Baking!
Bridget @ Hot Tea, Travel, and Thyme x