Today I am going to treat you all to a guest post and recipe from my wonderful friend and fellow food-lover Anthony.
Here it is: A Most Amazing Potato Salad!
“I’m so happy to share this recipe with you all. I think there is nothing better than
potato salad, and we can do so many amazing things with potatoes these days.
For what it’s worth, I grew up on boring mash potatoes (definitely not Paris
mash) so inventing delicious potato based recipes is one of my passions. Of
course it’s easy: potatoes are ultimate comfort food. I hope you enjoy it!” – Anthony
Ingredients (This will serve 4-6 as a side)
- Boil the potatoes for about 15-20 minutes, until they are soft but not falling apart.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place the basil, parsley, pine nuts, parmesan, and garlic in a food processor and whiz until they become rough and granular. Add some olive oil and continue to blitz, but don’t make a paste; keep it rough. Put in the salad bowl.
- Blanch the peas for 60 seconds, drain, and put them in cold water.
- Drain the potatoes and add to the bowl with the pesto and vinegar and a drizzle more of olive oil. Add the peas and mix so that the peas and potatoes are slightly crushed.
- In boiling water, boil the eggs for 6 minutes. Once done, throw the eggs into a bowl so that they crack and run cold water over them.
- Season with a little salt and lots of pepper to taste.
- Cut the eggs in half and gently fold through the salad.
- Garnish with some chopped parsley.
Thank you Anthony for the fantastic recipe!
See you next time,
Bridget @ Hot Tea Travel & Thyme x