Today we have a special treat: Chicken Soup For The Soul, a recipe by Amber Murley.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water (approx.)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 cloves of crushed/chopped garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 cob of corn
- 1 cup of dry soup mix (or barley)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- A pinch of salt and some cracked pepper
- Dice the onion, garlic, and carrot.
- In a large pot sauté the onion, garlic, and carrot using olive oil.
- Add the chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, water, and soup mix, and bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken breast and simmer on a low heat until the chicken is tender and will break apart. You can also take it out, chop it up, and then return it to the stock.
- Add zucchini and corn (cut off the cob) closer to the end as these don’t take too long to cook.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Serve with garlic bread if you wish.
Thanks Amber for this fantastic recipe!
Bridget @ Hot Tea Travel & Thyme x