Happy Thanksgiving, Friends!
This year we are celebrating from our new home in the UK, after spending the last four Thanksgivings in New Mexico, USA.
On the menu for this year: Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream, Cornbread with Cranberry Sauce, and Roasted Vegetables (Potato, Sweet Potato, Pumpkin) with Apple Sauce.
Not only are we celebrating our first UK Thanksgiving, but also it will be the anniversary of leaving Australia back in 2012. This means we have officially been expats for five years!!
What has been going on at the House of Hales lately (apart from cooking and preparing our Thanksgiving feast)?
- We’ve been enjoying getting into the Christmas decorating much earlier this year. Usually I wait until after Thanksgiving to put up the tree but this year I put it up right after Halloween instead! The reason for this was I wanted the kids (and us) to have a longer experience of enjoying all the Christmas decorations, and it certainly makes everything look festive for Thanksgiving so there are definitely no regrets about starting early this year.
- I’ve started meditation classes twice a week, as well as working on my meditation practice from home. It really makes a positive difference to my life so if you would like more information on this or you would like to try it, please contact me and I can point you in the right direction.
- The boys have loved getting into the Christmas spirit with building gingerbread houses, hanging ornaments on the tree, and making all sorts of Christmas crafts.
- I’ve started working on my new business as a lifestyle coach. My new business is Positive Psychology Lifestyle Coaching and it has been a really fun process to begin this new venture. For more information on this head to BridgetHales.Com
- Currently for my daily workouts I have been doing PiYO (a Beachbody program) which I LOVE, and I’ve also been lucky enough to attend some Les Mills launches and gym sessions such as Body Balance, Plyo Grit, Cycle/Spin, and Body Pump.
- The WellBeing eBook I have co-authored with my friend and colleague Dr. Erika Penney is soon to be released and is in the very last stages of the editing/design process. More on this shortly!
That sums up some of what has been happening around here lately. It will soon be time to take a break over the Christmas period to recharge and feel refreshed in order to focus on what needs to be done in the New Year!
Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season and I will be sharing lots more with you all again soon.
Love, Bridget x