Hello Friends and Happy New Year to you all!
I hope you enjoyed the holiday season with Christmas and the New Year, and whatever else you might be celebrating at this time of year!
One thing I have been celebrating right now is “Embracing Minimalism”. Almost every day I am filling bags and heading to the local charities with items I no longer want or need. It feels incredibly freeing and liberating to declutter and to pass things on to others who may find a use for them.
I have also been thinking a lot about my 2018 goals. Around Christmas time I made a list so that I can stick to my specific goals for this coming year. The list consists of things for the body (such as running and other forms of exercise) and things for the mind (such as meditation, reading, and writing).
Here’s my list:
- Finish writing my memoirs and publish them as an eBook by Christmas of 2018.
- Work on my new online business: Positive Psychology Lifestyle Coaching.
- Continue working out from home with PiYO and other fitness programs.
- Start running again, and do one group run per week plus some solo runs.
- Apply for a place in The Great North Run Half Marathon for 2018 (a place isn’t guaranteed, but I have to be in it to win it!)
- Attend meditation classes 1-2 time/s per week.
- Continue to work on my blogs and websites, creating new material such as articles and videos (for both Hot Tea Travel & Thyme and Bridget Hales. Com).
- Read some fiction books this year, as usually I would only ever read (and write) nonfiction: IT by Stephen King is my big challenge for this year.
- Continue to declutter: My mantra for 2018 is “Simplicity”, and I have been finding great joy in minimizing my belongings by either throwing or giving things away that are no longer useful in our home.
- Prioritize time for one-on-one connections with others. Things often get so busy, but the important things in life are relationships and communication with friends and loved ones.
What goals have you set for yourself for 2018? Let me know in the comments!
Wishing everyone a peaceful, joyful, and very happy year ahead.
Bridget @ Hot Tea Travel & Thyme x