How are you all doing this week?
Now that the new year has well and truly rolled around I thought it was time we shared another recipe here on the blog…
Making meat dishes is quite rare for us at the House of Hales, as we mainly eat vegetarian at home, but occasionally we like to try a new recipe, so today I am sharing Texas BBQ Brisket:
- 1-2 kg lean beef casserole
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons mild red chile
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup beef broth/stock
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Optional: 1 brown onion
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Place beef in a casserole dish.
- Mix all ingredients (sugar, pepper, chile, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne, lime juice, liquid smoke, beef stock, onion if desired, and BBQ sauce) into a bowl.
- Pour mixture over the beef and spread evenly.
- Place in the oven for around 4 hours on 150C.
- Optional: If you have the time to spare, leave the brisket in the refrigerator for approx. 24 hours before placing in the oven.
Lots more coming up soon on the blog…
Love, Bridget @ Hot Tea Travel & Thyme